Apricot Crumble with Vanilla Ice CreamJuly 19, 2019
Apricot season is finally here and we in the Verival office simply can’t get enough of the sweet fruit. Even though we are able to enjoy apricots in freeze-dried form throughout the entire year in our mueslis and porridges, we are always looking forward to the time when it’s being harvested, so that we can create the most wonderful dishes with the fresh fruit.
Whether ice cream, jam, cake, dumplings or compote, there’s hardly any fruit that can be used for so many delicacies. Today, we want to show you a recipe that has sweetened up our office life this week. By adding our Coconut-Apricot Porridge to the list of ingredients, we managed to create an extra “apricoty” taste.
Find the easy to make recipe here:
Apricot Crumble with Vanilla Ice Cream
- 500 g apricots
- 100 g butter
- 100 g Coconut-Apricot Porridge
- 100 g flour
- 50 g sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 package vanilla sugar
- Icing sugar
- Grease casserole dish with butter. Wash and cube apricots and place them in the dish. Add about half of the sugar.
- Mix the rest of the sugar with the porridge, flour, vanilla sugar and salt. Melt the butter in a large pot and stir in the flour-porridge-sugar mix until the mix becomes a crumbly texture.
- Spread the crumble on top of the apricots and bake at 180° C for about 30 minutes until the crumble is slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the warm crumble with some icing sugar and serve with a bowl of vanilla ice cream.
Have fun trying out the recipe and – most importantly – enjoy!
Click here to discover more Verival recipes. 🙂