probably know, we only use ingredients from selected organic farms for our breakfast products. But why do we do this? Clearly organic cultivation
is not only better for the environment, but it is also healthier for us humans!
does not use any chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Moreover, great attention
is paid to the issue of sustainability and to optimal soil conditions.
However, organic farming does not only mean complying with the legal guidelines concerning the production, processing and labelling of food, but it also means protecting the basis of life and producing without genetic engineering.
The 4 principles of organic farming
farming is the most sustainable form of agriculture that exists. It protects
our climate and the environment from getting destructed. Organics International
(IFOAM) has established 4 principles that represent the basic values of the
global organic movement and that are crucial for the further development of
- Principle of health: Organic agriculture should maintain and promote the health of soil, plants, animals, humans and the planet as an indivisible unity.
- Principle of ecology: Organic agriculture should be based on working with living ecological systems and cycles.
- Principle of fairness: Organic agriculture should be based on relationships and ensure fairness towards the common environment and living possibilities.
- Principle of care: Organic farming should be conducted in a precautionary and responsible manner in order to protect the health and well-being of present and future generations as well as the environment.
Based on these four principles, you can find some of the most important measures in organic agriculture here:
- Use of purely organic fertilizers
- No chemical-synthetic storage and plant protection products
- Improvement of soil fertility through regular addition of organic mass
- Animal husbandry which is appropriate to the species with sufficient space and grazing time
- Limited purchase of animal feed or fertilizer as well as low use of external energy
- No food produced with the aid of genetic engineering
is not only good for the environment, but it is also healthier. Why?
This is discussed in a study by the University of Newcastle, which compared the ingredients of organic and conventionally grown crops and is based on 343 scientific publications. The clear result: Organic food is just healthier. On top of that, organic not only benefits us as humans, but also the environment and animals.
A brief summary of the findings of the study:
- Organic foods contain up to 60% more antioxidants, which protect us against free radicals and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases as well as some forms of cancer. In addition, it is assumed that the antioxidants contained prevent or postpone chronic diseases and signs of aging.
- If you consume organic fruit, vegetables and cereals you can just have 6 servings daily instead of the recommended 8 servings – with the two saved servings one can easily afford the small extra price.
- Organic products comprise less toxic heavy metals and contain much less pesticide residues. It has been proven that organic foods contain around 320 times less pesticide residues than conventionally produced vegetables.
there is no better way to start the day than with a balanced organic breakfast. But this is probably nothing new for all VERIVAL lovers – even without the knowledge about organic cultivation you can taste that
spoon by spoon.
offers organic mueslis, crunchies and porridges of the highest organic quality at a fair
price. We obtain our carefully selected ingredients exclusively from organic
farms – some of them even come from our own contract cultivations.
recipes of our products we have also ensured an optimal mix of carbohydrates,
fibres and protein. This mix gives you the energy you need to get the most out
of every day.
For all the muesli fans among you, we offer a large selection of Bircher mueslis, Heritage grain mueslis and
fruity muesli varieties. The cultivation of the heritage grains that we use in our products is
particularly beneficial for biodiversity. That’s why we are committed to
increasing the number of high-quality varieties of heritage grains with our own
grain recultivation project.
If you like
to eat something warm for breakfast, you should take a look at our Verival porridges. These are particularly easy to prepare. Just
pour boiling water or hot milk over the mixture and let it soak for three
minutes – this breakfast is also perfect if you are in a rush!