Recipe: Oatmeal Breakfast Heart with Blueberry-Apple CrunchyApril 28, 2021
The heart is THE symbol for love. So it’s just right that Mother’s Day is coming up. Surprise your mum for breakfast with this beautiful and delicious breakfast heart made from oatmeal with Verival Blueberry Apple Crunchy as a topping. Not only will you make all your loved ones happy, but you’ll also be putting a healthy, fibre-rich breakfast on the table.
Why are oatmeal healthy?
Oatmeal is considered a regional superfood and it is hard to imagine our breakfast tables at home without it. Oats also play a very important role in sports nutrition, for example in the form of muesli bars.
If you eat the nutrient-rich flakes for breakfast, you provide your body with high-quality energy right at the start of the day. The fibre-rich oats also contain important vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It lowers cholesterol and has been shown to help you lose weight.
You can find out how to prepare the delicious breakfast heart quickly and easily here:
Oatmeal Breakfast Heart with Blueberry Apple Crunchy
For the dough
- 100 g oatmeal
- 200 ml almond milk or another plant drink
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 pinch of salt
for the coating
- 200 g yoghurt
for the topping
- 1 handful Verival Blueberry Apple Crunchy
- Preheat the oven to 200°C convection oven.
- For the dough, mix the oat flakes with almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and agave syrup.
- Peel the banana, mash with a fork and fold into the oatmeal mixture.
- Let the mixture swell for a few minutes. If it is too liquid, add some more oat flakes. If it is too solid, add a little more milk.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the mixture in a heart shape. It is even easier with a heart shape.
- Bake for approx. 20min, leave to cool slightly and remove from the tin.
- Spread the yoghurt over the oatmeal heart and sprinkle with Blueberry Apple Crunchy.
To save time in the morning, you can prepare the oatmeal heart the day before. Wrap it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge overnight, then top and decorate it fresh the next morning.
Which topping is suitable for the breakfast heart?
There are no limits to your creativity when it comes to toppings. You can decide what you want to decorate the heart with. We chose Verival Blueberry-Apple Crunchy because its crunchy texture provides the right bite, its dark colouring gives the heart a special visual touch and last but not least because the blueberries have a positive influence on the health of your loved ones.
Why are blueberries so healthy?
Blueberries are particularly tasty and nutritious berries. They are also called blueberries because of their deep blue colour, which they owe to the pigment myrtillin. This neutralises free radicals and prevents cancer and heart disease. Furthermore, eating blueberries is said to have a positive effect on the appearance of the skin.
We wish you lots of fun with the preparation and good appetite for your loved ones!
- #Berries Crunchy
- #blueberry apple crunchy
- #crunchy topping
- #mothers day
- #mothers day recipe