Recipe: Cheesecake with Verival Crunchy and strawberriesJune 3, 2020
Most of us know the typical American cheesecake from scenes in love movies. In our region it is more commonly known as curd cake. The bottom of the curd cake is mostly made of shortcrust, whereas the classic cheesecake consists of a mixture of biscuit and butter. The cheesecake Lena created for us has a delicious crunchy base.
The filling of the cake consists mainly of cream cheese and curd. This creamy layer goes perfectly with the crispy chocolate crunchy base and is perfectly rounded off by the strawberry topping. A chocolaty, crunchy, creamy and fruity dessert, what more could you want? Have fun baking!
Cheesecake with Verival Crunchy and strawberries
For the base:
- 250 g Verival Crunchy of your choice, e.g. Chocolate Crunchy
- 100 g Verival nuts of your choice, e.g. hazelnuts
- 100 g butter
For the filling:
- 400 g cream cheese
- 400 g custard
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons custard powder or corn starch
- 150 g Verival maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, ground
- 1 organic lemon zest
For the topping:
- 500 g strawberries
- 1 tablespoon Verival maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Fresh mint
- Cover the bottom of the cake tin with baking paper and grease the edge of the tin with butter. Preheat the oven to 160°C hot air.
- Melt the butter for the base. Crumble the Verival Crunchy and nuts. You can put the crunchy and the nuts between a kitchen towel and tap them firmly with a rolling pin. Mix the crumbled crunchy and the nuts with the liquid butter. Pour the crunchy mixture into the cake tin and press down firmly. Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, simply mix all the ingredients to a smooth mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the crunchy base and bake in the oven for approx. 40 minutes. Let it cool completely.
- Blend half of the strawberries with maple syrup and lemon juice for the topping. Chop fresh mint and stir into the mixture. Cut the remaining strawberries into quarters and stir into the strawberry sauce. Spread the strawberry topping on the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake until serving.