Recipe: Berry Crunchy Bars with CoconutApril 7, 2021
In the morning, things often have to be done quickly and children in particular often have a hard time getting going. To take the stress out, but still be able to offer a good and healthy breakfast for the children, it is helpful to have breakfast prepared in advance. These berry crunchy bars with our Verival Berry Crunchy are perfect for this because they can be stored in the fridge or frozen.
They not only taste deliciously berry, but also keep the little ones full for a long time thanks to the complex carbohydrates and lots of fibre.
And what is not eaten for breakfast can simply be packed away and eaten as a second breakfast in the course of the morning.
Here you will find all the ingredients and the step-by-step preparation for these delicious muesli bars:
Berry Crunchy Bar with Coconut
- 200 g Verival Berry Crunchy
- 1 teaspoon pure tartar baking powder
- 50 g butter
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 75 g natural yoghurt
- 60 g coconut flakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 handful of Verival berry crunchy
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (fan oven).
- Put the Berry crunchy in a freezer bag, close tightly and roll over it with a rolling pin to crumble the muesli. Alternatively, you can crush the muesli in a blender.
- Put all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together well. This is best done with a whisk.
- Line a rectangular baking tin (approx. 32x24cm) with baking paper, pour in the mixture and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the dough with Berry Crunchy.
- Bake the bars in the preheated oven for approx. 15 min.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Cut into 14 bars.
Why are the bars good for my child?
They contain little sugar
Unfortunately, store-bought cereal bars often contain a lot of sugar. However, careful use of sugar is particularly important for children. The basic ingredient for these bars is therefore Verival Berry Crunchy for kids, which contains 50% less sugar than conventional children’s breakfast cereals. The sweetness from fruits still makes the bars tasty enough for children.
They keep you full for a long time
Breakfast and snacks should provide children with optimal energy for their day. With these bars, complex carbohydrates and lots of fibre in the form of whole grains provide long-lasting satiety.
Power fruit coconut
These bars contain coconut in the form of flakes and milk. It contains lots of digestive fibre and provides your child with healthy minerals such as potassium, calcium, sodium, copper, iron and phosphorus.
What is the best way to store the muesli bars?
The berry crunchy bars can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days. Of course, they can also be frozen in advance. You can either let them defrost overnight and they’ll be perfect for breakfast, or simply heat them up quickly in the oven.
Have fun baking and enjoying!
- #breakfast for kids
- #fibre-rich breakfast
- #healthy breakfast for kids
- #kids recipe
- #low sugar
- #low sugar breakfast
- #whole grain