Cosy Autumn Porridge With Apple & PaprikaOctober 4, 2015
It’s official, you guys. Fall has arrived. But before you moan, think about it. You know what this means, right? It’s finally Porridge Season again, woohoo! So cuddle up in those cosy blankets of yours, put some granny socks on and most important of all enjoy a steamy, creamy bowl of porridge. Here’s our recipe for the ultimate autumn porridge with a twist.
200ml almond milk
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp sultanas
1 medium, crisp apple
1 tsp sweet paprika powder
dash of salt and cinnamon
- Toast oat flakes in a pan until golden brown.
- Pour in almond milk and sultanas, let thicken.
- Chop apple and keep a few slices for decoration purposes aside. Mix in chopped apple pieces, add some more water or almond milk, if needed, and cook porridge until it’s creamy and you can smell the apples.
- Remove from heat, stir in almond butter, salt, cinnamon and paprika powder.
- Let the mixture cool of for a few minutes, then pour it into a bowl, top with some more paprika powder and the apple slices.
- Dig in!