Blackberry CobblerAugust 24, 2018
Dessert for breakfast? – Always welcome For all of those who have a sweet tooth like us, our latest breakfast recipe is just perfect. Fortunately however, there’s no need to have a guilty conscience if you enjoy our recipe for a delicious Blackberry Cobbler in the morning, because we swapped conventional sugar with xylitol and wheat with spelt flour!
Especially now during berry season in Austria, we love to prepare our Cobbler with fresh blackberries from the garden, but of course you can use any other (preferably seasonal) fruit as well.
Blackberry Cobbler with Verival Porridge
- 300 g fresh blackberries
- 145 g butter
- 150 g xylitol
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1/2 tsp baking poweder
- 2 eggs
- 100 g spelt flour
- 50 g Verival Blackberry Porridge
- 200 ml Greek yoghurt for serving
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and carefully scrape out the pulp.
- Wash the blackberries and boil them up in a pot on the stove with 1 tbsp of xylitol and some water. Take the pot from the stove and allow to cool.
- Put the soft butter, the remaining xylitol and the vanilla pulp into a big bowl and use a hand mixer to whisk well for about 5-10 minutes. Now add one egg after the other, while continuing to mix.
- Add the flour, the Verival Blackberry Porridge, 1 pinch of salt and the baking powder and use a whisk to mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Space the blackberries out evenly on the bottom of the baking pan. Now add the dough on top of the berries, so that everything is entirely covered.
- Bake the Blackberry Cobbler for about 30 minutes in the oven and serve with Greek yoghurt.